2013 Annual Conference - "Soil and Soul"
January 10-12, 2013 •
Iowa State Center, Scheman Building •
The 2013 Annual Conference was our biggest and best ever! Here are a few of the highlights:
- More than 650 people attended over three days of short courses and workshops.
- Soil scientist Elaine Ingham was very popular teaching about composting and soil health.
- Grazier Greg Judy drew big crowds, as did vegetable farmers Paul and Sandy Arnold.
- Klaas Martens shared his considerable knowledge about making small grains profitable.
- The Frantzens shared how they plan to continue their farm generation after generation through gifting their farmland to Practical Farmers of Iowa.
Thank you to the generous sponsors who made the 2013 Annual Conference possible! Level A sponsors include:
- Ag Ventures Alliance
- Albert Lea Seed
- Calcium Products, Inc.
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
- Iowa Learning Farms
- Iowa State University Department of Agronomy and Graduate Program in Sustainable Agriculture
- Iroquois Valley Farms LLC
- Klinkenborg Aerial Spraying and Seeding Inc.
- Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
- Maschio Gaspardo North America, Inc.
- Saddle Butte Ag Inc.
Audio, video, and presentations from select conference sessions will be available soon. In the meantime, mark your calendars: The next PFI conference will be January 23-25, 2014, in Ames!
Presentations, Audio, and Video
Downloadable materials from past annual conference sessions are available on the following pages: