Person: Lee Matteson and Rose Schick
We compare the energy use of winter
high tunnel production to the product
revenue during the first season of
• Greenhouses and high tunnels allow
farmers to extend the growing season.
• Greenhouses and high tunnels can
increase revenue per square foot.
• Managed properly, the increased
revenue can offset the expense of
• In the first winter of production, Lee’s
Greens was able to keep their revenue
above their energy costs.
• Propane was the bulk of the energy
November 3, 2014