Person: Sean Skeehan & Jill Beebout
Pollinators are a critical component of
agricultural production, and the populations
of bees are declining. Some
farms are implementing bee-friendly
pollinator habitat, and are curious
what effect their efforts have on local
• Pollinators were collected in bee bowls
from different habitats on two farms.
• Nearly 1,300 pollinators were collected.
• The most common species at each
farm were from family Halictidae
(Lasioglossum Dialictus and Agpostemon
• The prairie garden and unburned prairie
habitats had the most diversity of
pollinators (number of species) at each
farm (26 and 17 species, respectively).
• The largest number of pollinators (404)
were collected in the pepper field at
Mustard Seed Farm.
December 6, 2014