Cover Crops Following Small Grains
Cover Crops Following Small Grains and Grazing Cattle
Hosts: Scott & Nancy Schultz and Family
Double S Ranch
Address: N8641 County Rd Q | Watertown, WI 53094
Speaker: John Pernat (drone demonstration)
Scott Schultz and his family farm on 200 acres near Watertown, Wisconsin, rotating corn, soybeans and wheat with diverse cover crop mixes – including rye, oats, vetch and red clover – between each cash crop. Scott also raises 30 beef cows in his cow-calf operation that he’ll graze on cover crops, and he bales covers, like his clover, for feed. Join Scott to learn about farming with diverse covers and integrating livestock and cover crops. You’ll also have a chance to see a drone demonstration led by neighbor, drone pilot and custom applicator John Pernat.
Lunch will follow the field day.
See & Discuss:
- Cover crop mixes following wheat
- Cover crop mixes between cash crops
- Grazing cattle on cover crops
- Custom equipment for cover crops and small grains
- A drone demonstration
- Glacierland RC&D/Rock River Regenerative Graziers
- Jefferson County Soil Builders
The farm is 1 mile south of the Bennett Barn wedding venue.