Creating a Soil Health System
Creating a Soil Health System With No-Till, Cover Crops and Livestock
Saturday, June 17 | 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Hosts: Ross, Cassie, Henry & Ruthie Kurash
Kurash Family Farm
Address: 3173 140th St. | Fort Atkinson, IA 52144
Kurash Family Farm is located near Fort Atkinson, Iowa, where the family raises corn, soybeans, rye, hay and beef cattle. They no-till and plant green for both corn and soybeans, drill hybrid rye in the fall and drill a cover crop mix following rye in the summer. At this field day, Ross will discuss how he has made cover crops and no-till work on his farm. Guests will also see how Ross is working towards his soil health goals.
Dinner will follow the field day.
- Albert Lea Seed
See & Discuss:
- No-till corn, soybeans and rye
- Planting green with corn and soybeans
- Making cover crops work with the equipment you have
- Making no-till and cover crops work economically
- Rotational grazing beef cattle with daily moves on pasture, crop residue and cover crops