Join us for a virtual field day: Register for one of 60!
Post-Derecho High Tunnel Builds
Sponsored by Women, Food and Agriculture Network.
On the heels of the derecho, PFI is organizing three high tunnel builds in the Cedar Rapids area. These workshops will be 2 days each, with limited attendance (9 attendees at each site). High tunnel building master Adam Montri of Ten Hens Farm will be leading the builds.
If you are interested in learning to build a high tunnel (or will be making repairs to your own!) attending one of these workshops (in person!) will help build your experience and network of high tunnel growers, and you’ll be helping out some farmers hit hard by the derecho.
- There is no cost to attend these build workshops, but registration is required (see #4).
- Proper mask wearing will be required at all times for all attendees.
- We ask that you attend both days of the build, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
Which build you can attend:
- Abbe Hills Farm Build, Oct. 10-11, Mt. Vernon;
- Morning Glory Farm Build, Oct. 10-11, Mt. Vernon;
- Pheasant Run Farm Build Oct. 11-12, Van Horne)
Reason you wish to attend… If it’s only to help out farmers, that’s OK! To some degree, we want to prioritize attendance for those who can put the experience to use on their own farms, but don’t hesitate to contact Liz if you just want to plain-old come and help (for 2 days)!
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Kolbe at email@example.com or (641) 325-1121.
We can’t run builds on all the farms we’d like to, but if you are hosting a group work day due to derecho damage, PFI and our partners would be happy to purchase food for your team. Contact Sarah Carlson: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get it set up.