Setting marketing goals in the meat business
Are you considering a business in the direct or wholesale meat business? Do you graze animals on pasture and think you can get a premium in the grass-fed or grass-finished niche markets? Listen to this Farminar with Grass Run Farm founders Ryan and Kristine Jepsen, and beginning farmer Caite Grieshop to hear from their experience on the successes and challenges they have found in the business.
Beginner Caite Grieshop of Green’s Organics and Marshall County Market shares her experience selling direct to consumers with social media, email, and by word of mouth. She shared her top challenges with Ryan and Kristine to have them share their ideas on creative solutions.
- How do you find a home for each product (we have too much ground beef inventory)
- Setting prices and raising prices
- Finding commercial accounts
- Consistent ordering from direct market customers
- Producing batches of animals for planned sales
- Finding high quality processing facilities
Hear answers to this question and more! Follow this link to learn more from farmers with Farminars from Practical Farmers of Iowa http://connect.extension.iastate.edu/p61625199
Supported by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant # 2010-49400-21843