Join us this summer for a “Catching Up” event: Sign up to attend HERE!1 of 2
Board of Directors
Practical Farmers’ board is composed primarily of farmers – a key requirement that helps the organization stay focused on its farmer members’ priorities.
Practical Farmers of Iowa is governed by a 12-person board of directors. To ensure that we stay focused on our members’ priorities, 10 of the 12 board members must be farmers. One farmer director is elected from each of our five Iowa districts. Additionally, five farmers and two non-farmers are elected from the membership at-large. Board members serve in many capacities, from ensuring we maintain fiscally sound and effective programs to providing leadership, advice and direction to staff and volunteers.
The Practical Farmers of Iowa board:
- Determines the Practical Farmers mission and purpose
- Provides guidance on our programs and services
- Ensures that Practical Farmers has adequate resources for its programming
- Serves as the “public face” for the organization
- Provides proper financial oversight
- Selects the Executive Director
- Supports the Executive Director and reviews his or her performance
- Guides the development of a Strategic Plan
- Ensures legal and ethical integrity, and maintains accountability; and
- Recruits and orients new board members and assesses its own performance.
Practical Farmers Board of Directors
Van Horne, IA
Lisa Schulte-Moore (at-large)
Charles City, IA
Kristine Lang (at-large)
West Branch, IA
former Exec. Director, IA Assn of Co-ops