Join us this summer for a “Catching Up” event: Sign up to attend HERE!1 of 3
Join or Renew
By joining or renewing your membership with Practical Farmers of Iowa, you avail yourself of the wisdom and knowledge of an incredible community of innovative farmers, enlightened consumers and forward-thinking agricultural and environmental professionals.
Membership in Practical Farmers means supporting a future where diverse farms work with nature for mutual benefits, and communities are alive with healthy food and strong connections between farmers and non-farmers. As a member you will also receive these exclusive benefits:
- A subscription to The Practical Farmer, our quarterly magazine (formerly called newsletter) filled with informative articles on a range of agricultural topics, member profiles, research reports, notices of events and development opportunities, book reviews, and more.
- Access to our lively, members-only email discussion groups, where you can pose questions and share information with other members.
- Invitations to 100+ (virtual and on-farm) events annually, with steep discounts to our annual conference and other events
- The opportunity to participate in our Cooperators’ Program and receive support from Practical Farmers to design and execute an on-farm research project.
- Eligibility for special Practical Farmers programs, such as our Savings Incentive Program and Labor4Learning Program.
- The ability for your farm to be listed in our public Local Foods Directory, or your organization to be listed in our Business Directory.
- The opportunity to network with experienced farmers who sincerely want to help you succeed.
- Opportunities to serve as a farmer leader, with stipends for sharing your knowledge as an event host, speaker or mentor.
- Being part of a strong 35-year organization that believes in making farmers a top priority!
Starting or renewing a Practical Farmers membership is easy and takes just a few minutes. You can even purchase a membership as a gift for a friend, neighbor, or family member.
A lifetime membership with Practical Farmers of Iowa gives you the same benefits as a yearly membership, but it is a one- time payment of $1,000 and ensures your membership never lapses.
The quickest way to start or renew a membership in Practical Farmers is to pay by credit card using our secure online system. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Pay by mail
If you prefer, you are welcome to print the membership form below and mail it, along with a check, to: Practical Farmers of Iowa, 1615 Golden Aspen Dr, Suite 101, Ames, IA 50010.
A gift of membership in Practical Farmers is a gift of knowledge and community. If you’d like to start a membership for a friend, neighbor, or family member, please use the link below.