Attend a PFI field day this summer! Check out the full line up today!1 of 2
When you join Practical Farmers of Iowa, you become part of a network of innovative farmers and supporters who share their knowledge freely and believe in sustainable solutions to agricultural challenges.
As a member of Practical Farmers of Iowa, you are supporting a future where diverse farms work with nature for mutual benefits, and communities are alive with healthy food and strong connections between farmers and non-farmers. As a member you will also receive these exclusive benefits:
- A subscription to The Practical Farmer, our quarterly magazine (formerly called newsletter) filled with informative articles on a range of agricultural topics, member profiles, research reports, notices of events and development opportunities, book reviews, and more.
- Access to our lively, members-only email discussion groups, where you can pose questions and share information with other members.
- Steep discounts to our well-attended, information-dense annual conference that takes place each January.
- The opportunity to participate in our Cooperators’ Program and receive support from Practical Farmers to design and execute an on-farm research project.
- Eligibility for special Practical Farmers programs, such as our Savings Incentive Program and Labor4Learning Program.
- Opportunities to find new markets for your farm products.
- Events! Funding or cost assistance to attend certain non-Practical Farmers events that might take place during the year. In 2018, we held 147 events. Those events included on-farm research trials, online webinars, on-farm field days, annual conference sessions, a beginning farmer retreat, several in-depth workshops and much more!
- The opportunity to network with experienced farmers who sincerely want to help you succeed.
- Being part of a strong 35-year organization that believes in making farmers a top priority!
Access: Individuals who are current students, beginning or retired farmers, and others on fixed or limited incomes are welcome to join at just $25 per year.
Individual: Experience all the benefits of PFI for only $50 per year.
Farm or Household: All household family members and farm employees can join under one membership for just $60 annually.
Lifetime: Individuals or families can make a lifetime commitment for a single payment of $1,000. This membership terminates with the primary members. Excludes organizations. Learn more about lifetime membership.
Organization: For businesses, agencies and departments, up to three employees may receive all the benefits of PFI for $110 annually.