Attend a PFI field day this summer! Check out the full line up today!1 of 2
Work with the PFI team and agricultural stakeholders across the Midwest to create more resilient farming systems.
Senior Human Resources Coordinator
Practical Farmers of Iowa is seeking a diligent, respectful and passionate person to serve as a senior human resources coordinator for the operations department. For 35 years, Practical Farmers has worked to equip farmers to build resilient farms and communities.
The operations department provides Practical Farmers with tools, information and personnel so the organization can carry out its mission. The senior human resources coordinator will support the organization by:
- Managing all hiring processes at Practical Farmers and conducting recruitment and screening activities with hiring managers to secure qualified and mission-driven personnel to fill open roles.
- Managing employee benefit vendor relationships and services, and supporting and guiding employees through benefits selection, changes and questions.
- Onboarding new employees and conducting ongoing training and support for existing employees related to terms of the employee handbook, performance management, compensation and disputes and investigations.
- Planning and facilitating professional development budgets and opportunities for the PFI staff, including organizing an annual all-staff retreat.
- Maintaining employment and compliance records.
Livestock Viability Manager
We’re seeking a livestock viability manager to lead our efforts to grow regenerative livestock systems and help diverse, independent livestock farmers thrive. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our livestock programming – building, testing and scaling creative solutions that respond to the needs of PFI farmers as they implement new practices and seek markets.
As the livestock viability manager, you work on the cutting edge of sustainable agricultural development in the Midwest, impacting thousands of acres and influencing the systems and value chains that drive livestock production. If you’re passionate about bringing livestock back to the land, advancing the adoption of grazing systems and ensuring fair farm livelihoods for regenerative producers, this role is for you. You’ll support the farm viability team by:
- Leading and developing PFI’s partnerships with organizations in the regenerative livestock space and representing PFI in regional and national livestock working groups and on collaborative projects
- Developing new livestock viability programs by engaging with livestock farmers to identify needs; scoping feasible project plans; and seeking out and applying for funding to implement program ideas
- Leading PFI’s grazing infrastructure cost-share program, including managing and promoting the program, reviewing and approving applications and conducting one-on–one grazing consultations with program participants
- Developing strategic relationships with Natural Resources Conservation Service staff, economic development groups and others to leverage potential opportunities and provide education on livestock farmer issues
- Work one-on-one with livestock farmers and providing coaching and support to help them be successful in adopting new practices and finding resources.