HM Financial Planning with Josh Dukart – registration open!
Practical Farmers of Iowa and the Land Stewardship Project are thrilled to finally announce the location and details for the first Holistic Management course in the Driftless Region!
- The first of three courses is Financial Planning with Joshua Dukart, which will be held Feb 5-6 from 8am-5pm at the Hotel Winneshiek in Decorah IA.
- Holistic Grazing with Ralph Tate will be held March 21-22, likely in Houston MN.
- Biological Monitoring will be in May or June, location and date to come.
While it is recommended, you are not required to attend all three courses, and no courses are absolute prerequisites for the others. Similarly, the Intro to HM short course at the PFI Annual Conference is recommended, but not required. Holistic Management works on a progression of ideas and principles, beginning with identification of a Holistic Goal for the farm and family. Later courses build off of that foundation. However, any of the courses will be of value to attendees.
Registration for the courses begins now and will extend to about a week before each event. Discounts are available for two or more people coming from the same family or farm, and discounts are available when registering for multiple courses. (Anyone who registers for one of the first two courses will be eligible for the discount on the third course, even if they register for it later…sorry all the details aren’t in place yet!)
There are several ways to sign up:
- Paper version: print out and fill out the attached form, and mail to either PFI or LSP with check payment.
- Phone version: call PFI or LSP and give attendee and credit card information over the phone.
- Online version: go to practicalfarmers.org, click “donate now,” submit the appropriate registration fee, and make a comment that it’s for HM registration. You must still call, email, or mail in the registration form.
Payment MUST be received by PFI or LSP by Jan 28 for Financial Planning or March 13 for Holistic Grazing. If you’re not sure the post will get it to us on time, better to call!
What does the registration fee include?
- Amazing courses taught by renowned and respected leaders in Holistic Management
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks – dinner will be on your own
- Most educational materials (an optional software program will be available for $100)
You will be responsible for your own lodgings and dinners. Some options in the Decorah area:
- Hotel Winneshiek – www.hotelwinn.com, (563) 382-4164. Rooms approximately $99-199/night; some double queen rooms are available for about $120/night.
- Super 8 Decorah – (563) 382-8771. Rooms approximately $60-70/night.
- Country Inn by Carlson – (563) 382-9646. Rooms approximately $80-95/night.
If you are willing to share rooms, please let us know when you call – we’ll try and match you with someone else wanting to split!
Still have questions?
- Margaret – (515) 232-5661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline – (507) 523-3366 or email@example.com
Registration form: reg form FINAL