Published Jun 21, 2019
Cultivation – Equipment – Organic Weed Control
By Practical Farmers of Iowa
Cultivators were part of nearly every American farm for over a century, and there are many different types out there. They are still one of the most important tools on the organic row crop farm.
In this video, PFI farmers talk about which types of cultivators they use in their operation, what they use the tools for, and why they like them. They also discuss what to look for when buying used cultivators.
Learn more about organic weed control:
- Seedbed Preparation and Planting: https://youtu.be/anTVZnRDj70
- Crop Rotation and Weed Suppression: https://youtu.be/RRXRMUAXkk0
- Rotary Hoes: https://youtu.be/E5YIWo-LBXk
- Tine Weeders: https://youtu.be/uenCN22Oxjs
- Harrows: https://youtu.be/jGLtZsSjMQY
- Should I Replant?: https://youtu.be/-j59ouXevhY
- Cultivation – First Pass – Organic Weed Control: https://youtu.be/BPMot9sXLRQ
Eric and Jaron mention CultiVision mirrors in the video, made by Klingler Manufacturing Company: https://klinglermfg.com/