What to Expect
Since our founding in 1985, the annual conference has been a keystone event for sharing knowledge, building connections and celebrating agriculture in Iowa (and good food!). As our conference grows to over 1,000 attendees, we are pleased to offer three pre-conference short courses, 60- plus farmer-led sessions on a wide variety of agricultural topics, 80-plus exhibitors, locally sourced meals and a spirit of curiosity and community.
We hope to see you there!
Things to look forward to:
- Reuniting in person with old friends, and making new ones
- Conference meals and snacks sourced from PFI members and local businesses
- A Friday evening keynote by Keith Berns
- Three pre-conference short courses
- 60-plus farmer-led sessions, including farmer panels, roundtables, and lightning talks
- Networking in the Exhibitor Hall with over 80 businesses and organizations
- Family-friendly registration prices and childcare provided
- Friday evening cocktail hour and PFI Dinner following the keynote
- Over 50 breakout sessions have been approved for certified crop advisor CEU credits
- Another installment of PFI Storytelling to close the conference
About Practical Farmers of Iowa
Practical Farmers of Iowa is a non–profit, founded in 1985 as an organization for farmers, led by farmers. We are rooted firmly in farmer-to-farmer knowledge-sharing, network-building and farmer-led research. But we have also expanded our work in what we call “farm viability” – offering multiple cost-share opportunities, farm business coaching programs, landowner and farm transition support and first-generation farmer mentoring.
An Iowa with healthy soil, healthy food, clean air, clean water, resilient farms and vibrant communities.
- Welcoming everyone
- Farmers leading the exchange of experience and knowledge
- Curiosity, creativity, collaboration and community
- Resilient farms now and for future generations
- Stewardship of land and resources