Regenerative Grazing With Mobile Infrastructure and Livestock Guardian Dogs
Wednesday, Oct. 5 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Host: JR Jenkins
Pleasant Prairie Stock Farm
Address: 2266 310th St. | Wilton, IA 52778
Join JR Jenkins of Pleasant Prairie Stock Farm, to learn about rotationally grazing cattle and sheep on pasture and cover crops. JR solely grazes on leased land. He also breeds and trains livestock guardian dogs, direct-markets 100% grass-fed beef and lamb and owns a custom fence company. We’ll enjoy a potluck lunch with burgers from JR’s beef at his cousin’s wedding barn, where we’ll also discuss agritourism.
- Mobile grazing infrastructure
- Training livestock guardian dogs to hotwire
- Lambing and calving on cover crops
- Flerd grazing
- Direct marketing
- Transitioning from conventional to regenerative management
- Agritourism as another income stream
Meal Information: A potluck with 100% grass-fed burgers will be provided; please bring a side to share.