- Asset: Money is available up front for seeds and supplies.
- Limitation: Caps your income, income comes all at once vs. regular intervals.
4) Huge variances: from fruit and vegetables, to eggs, flowers, meat, poultry, bread, and even dog treats. Great variety in quantity, packaging, duration, and price as well.
5) Originated in 1985 in U.S.; in 1965 in Japan (also originated around that time in , where Teikei literally meant “Putting the farmers’ face on food.” Over 2500 listed on Local Harvest currently. There is not a comprehensive list, so actual numbers are not known.
6) Producers are required to know how to successfully grow a wide variety of products and schedule accordingly to have a reasonable amount ready to harvest each week.
7) What is in each share is determined by what is available seasonally. Can serve as a “one-stop shop” for some, others don’t like the lack of flexibility in some CSAs.