New this Year – A Pig Roast at the PFI Potluck
It’s hard to pick just one favorite part of the PFI conference, but I think mine is our potluck and this year we have a special treat – a whole roast pig from one of our members! Please join us Friday January 19 from 7-11 pm for a shared meal hosted by Ty and Bobbie Gustafson of Story City Locker and Donna Prizgintas and Lonna Nachtigal of the DonnaLonna Kitchen Show. Practical Farmers will provide a main dish, coffee, water and tableware. Please bring a side dish and beverage to share.
Potluck is held at CMPI Event Center (2321 North Loop Dr.) in Ames. Friday January 19, 7:00-11:00 pm.
- A whole roast pig from Crooked Gap Farm, roasted by Story City Locker;
- Buns from Madrid Bakery;
- Salad greens from Lee’s Greens;
- Beans from PFI member Darren Fehr;
- Coffee and water;
Don’t want to keep food cold or warm all day? You may drop food off at Scheman when you arrive for the conference and we will transport it for you! Items can be dropped off on a designated table on the ground floor at Scheman. We will transport food from there until 5 pm 1/20/17. We can plug in crock pots and refrigerate dishes.
Need to pick something up last-minute? Visit one of these local establishments:
- Wheatsfield Cooperative, 413 Northwestern Ave, Ames, IA 50010
- Hy-Vee, 640 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA 50010
- Fareway Grocery, 619 Burnett Ave, Ames, IA 50010
- Pammel Grocery & Grill, 113 Colorado Ave, Ames, IA 50010
Don’t miss this fun family event!