Help us reach our goal of 100 new memberships in September! Join now.
Marketing Project Coordinator
Practical Farmers of Iowa is Hiring a Marketing Project Coordinator
Are you a problem-solver who likes checking tasks off your list? Do you enjoy collaborating with others and moving projects from start to finish? Practical Farmers of Iowa wants to talk to you! We’re looking for a marketing project coordinator to join our marketing and communications team.
As a nonprofit organization with more than 6,000 members, PFI equips farmers to build a more regenerative agriculture. We create learning opportunities via farmer-led events, on-farm research and educational content through our robust network of farmers. We also provide financial support and technical assistance to help farmers adopt regenerative farming practices and grow farm businesses. Our vision is an Iowa with healthy soil, healthy food, clean air, clean water, resilient farms and vibrant communities.
As PFI’s marketing project coordinator, you’ll support the marketing department by managing marketing projects and providing administrative and logistics support.
You’ll work closely with the marketing team and other staff to manage marketing projects – creating and carrying out plans, serving as the go-to liaison between marketing and other staff, regularly communicating about project progress, tracking budgets and timelines and generally keeping projects moving forward. Marketing projects may include social media, websites, podcasts, blogs, email marketing and email newsletters, advertising, graphic design services (flyers, printed publications, postcards, etc.) and earned media.
You’ll also support the marketing department by performing a handful of administrative duties, including scheduling and handling logistics for team meetings, processing team expenses and invoices, taking meeting notes and maintaining PFI’s marketing material archive.
Project Coordination (75%)
Coordinate marketing campaigns and projects
- Develop plans, and schedule and lead meetings, including post-campaign debriefings
Facilitate collaboration between departments and the marketing team to plan, carry out and debrief on projects
- Be the go-to liaison between marketing members and other PFI staff as well as outside contractors
- Keep marketing campaigns and projects on track and PFI staff informed throughout a project’s lifecycle, communicating regularly to review progress, anticipate workflow issues and keep projects moving forward
- Stay up to date on staff work and keep the marketing team informed about staff work
Manage capacity and budget efficiently to complete work
- Track project budgets and timelines
- Help keep projects within scope and help team members meet goals
- Design and implement processes to ensure consistency and efficiency of marketing campaigns and projects
Oversee advertising agency on advertising projects and work
- Serve as lead liaison to ad agency, collaborating closely to develop and carry out campaigns, handle billing and ensure work is successfully completed
Team Admin & Logistics (20%)
- Coordinate team meetings, including drafting the agenda, scheduling, booking locations, ordering food and other meetings logistics
- Process incoming expenses and invoices from team members into PFI financial software
- Organize and maintain archive of printed marketing materials
- Take notes at meetings as needed
Other Communications Duties as Needed (5%)
- Write content for communications materials as needed
Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – naturally collaborative and supportive
- Ability to receive feedback and make changes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail-orientated and deadline-driven
- Embraces processes but knows solutions often require flexibility
- General knowledge of marketing and communications tactics and principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
- A degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred
- Previous experience with project management and project management software preferred
This is a full-time, hybrid position (minimum of two days per month at the Ames, Iowa, office). The starting salary range for this role is $46,500 with annual opportunity for advancement and salary increase.
PFI values its employees and is a flexible and supportive work environment. Employees are offered a competitive benefits package including health insurance with employer-paid premium, generous paid time off, flexible hours, paid parental leave, 4% automatic 401k contribution after one year of employment and additional learning opportunities. Practical Farmers is a family-friendly employer.
At PFI, we celebrate diversity and are committed to ensuring our policies and practices create an equitable and inclusive workplace. We take equal opportunity seriously, and seek to empower and support all applicants and teammates.
Please apply by completing the application form (including contact information, cover letter, resume, references) at the bottom of this page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.