Attend a PFI field day this summer! Check out the full line up today!1 of 2
Senior Human Resources Coordinator
Practical Farmers of Iowa is Hiring a Senior Human Resources Coordinator
Practical Farmers of Iowa is seeking a diligent, respectful and passionate person to serve as a senior human resources coordinator for the operations department. For 35 years, Practical Farmers has worked to equip farmers to build resilient farms and communities.
This work has always been rooted in our value of welcoming everyone and creating a culture of mutual respect. We believe that a diversity of people, ideas and perspectives strengthens our ability to find creative solutions, enriches our understanding and broadens our impact.
At Practical Farmers, we celebrate this diversity and are committed to ensuring that our policies and practices create an equitable and inclusive workplace. We take equal opportunity seriously, and seek to empower and support all applicants and teammates.
The operations department provides Practical Farmers with tools, information and personnel so the organization can carry out its mission. The senior human resources coordinator will support the organization by:
- Managing all hiring processes at Practical Farmers and conducting recruitment and screening activities with hiring managers to secure qualified and mission-driven personnel to fill open roles.
- Managing employee benefit vendor relationships and services, and supporting and guiding employees through benefits selection, changes and questions.
- Onboarding new employees and conducting ongoing training and support for existing employees related to terms of the employee handbook, performance management, compensation and disputes and investigations.
- Planning and facilitating professional development budgets and opportunities for the PFI staff, including organizing an annual all-staff retreat.
- Maintaining employment and compliance records.
Practical Farmers offers a flexible, fast-paced work environment with opportunities for independent initiative and professional development.
- Oversee vendors who provide employee benefits plans and products to PFI
- Manage hiring, onboarding, annual benefits renewal and open enrollment projects, as well as disputes and investigations cases
- Manage employee benefits and professional development budget for the organization
- Plan and facilitate professional development events for PFI staff
- Train new employees, managers and current employees in personnel policies, including hiring, performance management, compensation increases, benefits and disputes and investigations
- Support development and editing of job descriptions and other hiring documents (i.e. rubrics, review documentation) from hiring managers across the organization
- Create and secure advertising and other recruitment tactics to attract a diverse pool of qualified applications to apply for PFI job openings
- Organize and maintain documents and records on PFI’s employees and compliance
- Process benefits and employment enrollments, changes and terminations
- Other duties as assigned or volunteered to support department or team projects
Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Strong writing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Vendor and contractor management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to learn and develop continuously
- Ability to take and give constructive feedback to improve work quality
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
- Knowledge of employment law and regulation
- Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion best practices in human resources
- Experience with personnel recruitment
- Experience with compliance management
- Conflict resolution skills
- Experience with training facilitation
- Coaching and teaching skills
- Three to five years of professional experience in human resources or operations field
This is a full-time position based in our Ames, Iowa, office with hybrid schedule potential. For the duties of this position, the candidate must be present in the office for a minimum of 1-2 days per week. Annual salary range for this position is $52,000-$62,000, with starting salary based on experience and qualifications.
The position reports to Alisha Bower, senior operations director. Practical Farmers is a family-friendly employer. The position includes full health care benefits, a flex plan, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and generous paid time off. Employer contribution to a 401k retirement plan is offered after one year of employment.
Please apply by completing the application form (including contact information, cover letter, resume and references) below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline to submit applications by July 15. The start date for the position is flexible, but anticipated as Aug. 1 or 29, 2022.