Earn up to $20 per acre with our small grains cost-share. Sign up today!
Senior Video Coordinator
Are you an experienced video storyteller with an interest in regenerative agriculture? PFI wants to talk to you!
Practical Farmers of Iowa is a nonprofit organization that has worked to equip farmers to build resilient farms and communities since 1985. We create learning opportunities via farmer-led events, on-farm research and educational content through our robust network of farmers. We also provide funding and technical assistance to help farmers adopt regenerative farming practices and grow farm businesses. Our vision is an Iowa with healthy soil, healthy food, clean air, clean water, and resilient farms and vibrant communities.
This work has always been rooted in our value of welcoming everyone and creating a culture of mutual respect. We believe that a diversity of people, ideas and perspectives strengthens our ability to find creative solutions, enriches our understanding and broadens our impact. At Practical Farmers, we celebrate this diversity and are committed to ensuring that our policies and practices create an equitable and inclusive workplace. We take equal opportunity seriously and seek to empower and support all applicants and teammates.
Practical Farmers offers a flexible, supportive and fast-paced work environment. Professional development is a core part of our culture and team members are encouraged to take independent initiative to help fulfill our mission.
About the position
Our communications and marketing team brings the stories of PFI’s members to life and shares them with a wide audience. Our growing team has an impressive portfolio that includes a quarterly magazine, award-winning videos, numerous print publications, multiple email newsletters and several websites. We also have a large presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, and we ensure that our members are featured extensively in the media so that many viewpoints are driving the agriculture narrative.
As a senior video coordinator, you’ll collaborate with our communications team, staff content experts and farmers to develop video content that showcases the real-life experiences and innovative farming practices of our network. You’ll produce, shoot, edit and publish videos that feature farmers on various digital platforms, including social media, our website and our YouTube channel.
Your expertise will be key to planning and managing the video production process, from creating schedules and budgets, to organizing and maintaining our video archive, to maintaining and improving our comprehensive collection of professional video production tools. You’ll also manage contractors, as needed, to ensure the highest quality of our video content.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for regenerative agriculture and the ability to work collaboratively with our farmers, staff and team. With your attention to detail, creativity and technical expertise, you’ll help us achieve our mission.
- Develop stories and content for videos across various platforms:
- Collaborate closely with the communications team and staff content experts to determine what kinds of videos will help us achieve our mission
- Produce, shoot, edit and publish short- and long-form videos for various digital platforms
- Oversee and grow PFI’s YouTube channel
- Livestream select events
- Design and implement video production processes by:
- Developing and maintaining video production schedules and budgets
- Organizing and maintaining PFI’s video archive
- Managing equipment inventory and troubleshooting technical issues
- Overseeing contractors
- Coordinate with the senior digital marketing coordinator to ensure video placement across multiple platforms follows best practices
Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Videography and narrative development skills
- Experience in video editing
- Knowledge of video production equipment such as cameras, lighting and sound equipment
- Experience using video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro preferred)
- Experience with video production and post-production techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of visual storytelling and composition principles
- Knowledge of current digital video trends and strategies
- Time management and project management skills
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and creatively execute video projects
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain high-quality standards
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environments
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Ability to solve technical problems related to filming and videography
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and software
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
- Knowledge of digital asset best practices
- Experience with budget management
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture practices
- Experience with equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with drone videography (drone pilot license preferred)
This is a full-time, hybrid position (minimum of two days per month at the Ames, Iowa, office). Ideally, this position would be in our Ames office three times per week, but this is negotiable based on experience and remote capabilities. The salary range for this role is $54,500 to $60,000 with annual opportunity for advancement and salary increase.
PFI values its employees and is a flexible and supportive work environment. Employees are offered a competitive benefits package including health insurance with employer-paid premium, generous paid time off, flexible hours, paid parental leave, 4% automatic 401k contribution after one year of employment and additional learning opportunities. Practical Farmers is a family-friendly employer.
Please apply by completing the application form (including contact information, cover letter, resume and references) at the bottom of this page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Download a pdf of the full list of job duties and qualifications