Interested in joining the PFI staff? Below is a list of our current openings.
Strategic Initiatives Assistant
The strategic initiatives assistant will support that team by:
- Collecting production data from farmers who are participating in cover crop and small grains cost-share programs, and entering the data into sustainability metric tools;
- Providing agronomic counseling in cover crop consultations with costshare participants;
- Coordinating all field work and in-field data collection for strategic initiatives team research and monitoring deliverables;
- Responding to farmer cover crop questions as they arise;
- Attending cover crop and small grains events in Iowa and the Midwest; and
- Writing articles, blogs and other outreach on cover crops for Practical Farmers and for distribution in other farm-related outlets. Practical Farmers offers a flexible, fast-paced work environment with opportunities for independent initiative and professional development.
Farmer Outreach Coordinator
This new, full-time position will work with PFI staff, members and partners to grow the impact of our members’ voices in their communities and in the media by coaching them on speaking and media
interviews, and coordinating speaking appearances at events and in the media. The person will build relationships with farmers and with PFI’s partners and other organizations that host events our members can speak at. This person will also work closely with farmers and PFI staff to create stories, and with fellow PFI communications staff members to produce articles, social media content, videos, podcasts and other digital and print material.
Summer Office Assistant
Practical Farmers of Iowa is seeking a responsible and committed person to help with mailings, membership database updates, answering phones, and other office tasks. This is a flexible, part-time position that pays $10 per hour for approximately 15 hours per week.