Help us further our goals and continue to help farmers in 2024. Donate now.
Creating Space for Conservation
Creating Space for Conservation and Regenerative Practices With Supportive Landowners
Hosts: Josh Nelson & Family
Cardinal Creek Farm
Address: 1243 Madison Ave. | Belmond, IA 50421
- Dean Sponheim – Sponheim Sales & Seed
- Knute Severson – Agronomy First
Josh Nelson operates Cardinal Creek Farm near Belmond, Iowa, a diversified regenerative family farm that grows rye, oats, corn and soybeans. He also raises a small herd of registered Scottish highland cattle and feeder pigs. At this field day, hear from Josh about ongoing conservation efforts on his farm, new practices he’s trying and how he has been able to engage with his landlords, Paul Thompson and Elena Meyer, on regenerative practices.
Beverages will be provided.
- Agronomy First
- Albert Lea Seed
- Continuum Ag
- Farming for Public Health
- Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance
- Sunderman Farm Management Co.
See & Discuss:
- Bioreactor and conservation projects
- Diverse cover crop and crop rotations
- No-till soybeans and strip-till corn
- A roller-crimper trial
- Tenant-landowner relations to steward regenerative practices
The field day will be held across the street from the listed address. Follow signs for parking.