Milling and Marketing Small Grains
Milling and Marketing Small Grains Through Multiple Channels
Hosts: Jeff Hafner & Earl Hafner
Address: 2425 Willow Avenue | Panora, IA 50216
Early Morning Harvest, located in Panora, Iowa, is a unique aquaponic, produce and grain farm owned and operated by father-son team Earl and Jeff Hafner. The Hafners grow corn, soybeans, wheat, rye and buckwheat that they stone-grind into flours, meals and cereals. They also raise and market honey and eggs. This field day will take place on the same day as their annual open house and will explore the growing and milling of their small grains.
Dinner will follow the field day.
- Farming for Public Health
- Iowa Organic Association
- Iowa State University Organic Agriculture Program
- OCIA Chapter 1 of Iowa
See & Discuss:
- Milling (stone-grinding) small grains
- Creating grain products
- Getting value-added products ready for market
- Marketing locally raised products
- Value-added small grains products and market options