Help us reach our goal of 100 new memberships in September! Join now.
Saturday, July 8 | 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Address: 4965 Highway 14 East | Newton, IA 50208
RSVP **Please note this event is at capacity. You may still RSVP to be added to the wait list.
Greg Padget runs Plaid Perch, a farm dedicated to raising heritage livestock and providing a nurturing environment for his family. Shetland and Romeldale CVM sheep are both raised for breeding stock and their wool is sold to fiber artists and crafters. In addition to sheep, Greg and his husband, Travis, raise laying hens and beef cattle.
This is a hands-on shearing workshop. For safety and logistics reasons, attendance is limited to 12 and registration is required. No walk-ins.
Lunch will follow the workshop.
- Premier 1 Supplies
See & Discuss:
- Shearing for a small-scale herd (less than 50 head)
- Preparing for your shearer to arrive
- Traditional ram shearing with a professional shearer
- Hand-shearing Shetlands on a stand (tutorial from Greg)
- Stations to try shearing firsthand