Help us further our goals and continue to help farmers in 2024. Donate now.
What to Bring to Field Days
All PFI events occur rain or shine. Please dress for the weather and the terrain. Many field days include walking through tall grasses or fields, or around equipment, and in a range of weather conditions.
We recommend that you bring:
- Close-toed shoes (comfortable for walking)
- Sun protection (cap or hat, sunscreen)
- Water bottle (we will provide refills!)
- Rain jacket or poncho (depending on the forecast)
- Camp chair or stool (especially if there’s a meal!)
- Personal snacks (particularly if you have a food allergy or other dietary restrictions, please bring personal snacks in case the provided meal or refreshments do not meet your needs.)
What Not to Bring
- Dogs or other pets are not permitted (service dogs, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, are permitted)
- Professional camera or recording equipment, unless you are a member of the news media or have prior approval from PFI – see more at practicalfarmers.org/resourcesformedia
- Exhibitor or promotional materials or solicitations, unless you are an official field day sponsor