Do you grow cover crops? Check out our 2022 Cover Crop Cost-Share program today!
2022 Grazing Infrastructure Cost-Share
2022 grazing infrastructure cost-share enrollment is closed.
We are recruiting 18 graziers to receive $5,000 each to help pay for mobile fence and water for grazing. We want this money to enable you to graze more acres of either perennial pasture and/or cover crops.
The goal of this pilot project is to increase the adoption of regenerative grazing in Iowa. We will track the number of acres grazed and the return on investment of the grazing infrastructure cost-share on each farm. We are looking for participants who graze livestock in a way that benefits soil health. Beginning and socially disadvantaged farmers will be prioritized.
- You must farm in Iowa.
- Be a member of Practical Farmers of Iowa.
- Must be EQIP eligible.
- You may not overlap this cost-share with NRCS cost share.
If accepted, you agree to:
- Track and share economic and production data.
- Use funds to purchase mobile fence and water infrastructure and turn in receipts.
- Attend one PFI in-person event.
- Complete an annual cost-share program survey.
- Comply with NRCS fence standards.
Sign up to receive our monthly email newsletter, “The Monthly Feedstuff,” to stay up to date on grazing and livestock cost-share news, upcoming events, the latest research and more!
Contact our livestock farm viability manager, Meghan Filbert, by emailing email@example.com or by calling the office at (515) 232-5661.