Help us further our goals and continue to help farmers in 2024. Donate now.
N Rate Risk Protection Program
Now Open: 2024 N Rate Risk Protection Program
With input costs rising and cutting into your farm’s profits, it’s time to look at reducing reliance on purchased inputs. With agronomic consulting from PFI staff and a risk protection, PFI can help you reduce nitrogen applications on your farm – saving you money and increasing your farm’s resiliency.
Farmers who are new to cutting inputs and farmers who’ve reduced nitrogen rates previously are both eligible for the program.
If your harvest benchmark yield (95% of your 10 year average APH) is not achieved, you’ll be paid $35 per acre.
Enroll by March 31, 2024.
- Raise corn in 2024
- Be willing to reduce nitrogen application by at least 20 lbs N/acre*
- Farm in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska or southeastern South Dakota
- Acres must be conventionally managed; certified organic acres are not eligible
- Acres cannot overlap with any privately funded cost-share program, such as a carbon market (ex. Indigo, SWOF, TruCarbon, etc.)
- Acres must be already insured with Multi-Peril Crop Insurance Revenue or Yield Protection policy
*Farmers applying lower nitrogen rates already may still be eligible with their already reduced nitrogen rate or a smaller reduction in nitrogen. PFI agronomists have some discretion with lower initial rates and can talk through reduced nitrogen rates with you during your initial consultation.
Contact our field crops viability coordinator, Chelsea Ferrie, by emailing email@example.com or by calling the office at (515) 232-5661.