Grazing Infrastructure Cost-Share
2022 grazing infrastructure cost-share enrollment is closed. The continuation of this program in 2023 is to be determined.
In 2022, the grazing infrastructure cost-share program recruited 18 graziers to receive $5,000 each to help pay for mobile fence and water for grazing. Our goal was for this money to enable farmers to graze more acres of either perennial pasture and/or cover crops.
We tracked the number of acres grazed and the return on investment of the grazing infrastructure cost-share on each farm. This program is for participants who graze livestock in a way that benefits soil health. Beginning and socially disadvantaged farmers are prioritized.
- You must farm in Iowa.
- Be a member of Practical Farmers of Iowa.
- Must be EQIP eligible.
- You may not overlap this cost-share with NRCS cost share.
If accepted, you agree to:
- Track and share economic and production data.
- Use funds to purchase mobile fence and water infrastructure and turn in receipts.
- Attend one PFI in-person event.
- Complete an annual cost-share program survey.
- Comply with NRCS fence standards.
Sign up to receive our monthly email newsletter, “The Monthly Feedstuff,” to stay up to date on grazing and livestock cost-share news, upcoming events, the latest research and more!
Contact our livestock farm viability manager, Margaret Chamas, by emailing email@example.com or by calling the office at (515) 232-5661.