Shared Learning Calls
Small grains shared learning calls are conference calls where you can listen and talk with other farmers and small grains enthusiasts. Each month our speaker(s) share experiences and production practices for 15 to 20 minutes then we open the floor for questions and discussion for the rest of the hour. All you need to join is a phone or a computer!
Join future shared learning calls and get resources on small grain production delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for our monthly small grains newsletter.
We use Zoom to host these virtual events. To participate in shared learning calls, you can either join by phone or computer.
Marsden Research Update with Marshall McDaniel
February 3 | Noon – 1 p.m.
In this shared learning call hear from Marshall about ongoing ISU research at Marsden farms.
Shared Learning Call Schedule – Winter 2022-23
- January 6 – Speaker: Scott Schultz – The Many Uses of Red Clover
- February 3 – Speaker: Marshall McDaniel – Marsden Research Update
- March 10 – TBD
Most shared learning calls are followed up with a blog recap. Read through our recent shared learning call recap blogs to see what you missed:
- Incorporating Small Grains in Livestock Rations to Achieve Regenerative Agriculture Goals
- The “Why” of Winter Barley, Plus 4 Tips on Winter Barley Double Cropping
- Making the Most of Winter Grains in an Extended Rotation
- Observations on Summer Crops, Small Grains and Grazing Covers
- Elements of Alfalfa Establishment: Methods for Success With Small Grains in the Mix
- Small Grains Equipment Essentials
- 5 Tips for Success in Organic, No-Till Soybeans
There’s plenty more than just the handful of blogs listed above! Check out the latest small grains resources.